Did a burglar break into your home through your windows? Do you want to change the style or arrangement of your windows in your home for any reason? Well, regardless of what is compelling you to replace your windows, you will find it challenging to find the right window replacement Toronto for your project. There are many options available and the fact that sellers will be persuading you to buy their brand it will be daunting for you to make the right selection.
Okay, we are high to lift your spirit before you enter that store. We will equip you with the relevant knowledge that will guide you in your window selection. Here, we highlight different window designs and their pros and cons. Check link here for more info.
- Casement Windows.
Casement window replacement Toronto exists in a form where the width is less than the height and are found in different designs such as quadruple, single and double configurations.
These are quite common window designs among many homes thanks to their classy appearance and ease of operation. They consist of hinges on one side attached to the frames.
To make sure you don’t buy something you don’t want, here are a few things you should understand about casement windows.
- Offers good security – these windows are not easy to break in. They have strong locks that are lodged firmly on the door knobs.
- Energy efficient.
- Easy to operate- the sashes are hinged to the sides. Open by simply pushing and pulling.
- They are easy maintenance- you can simply pull out the sashes from the inside for cleaning purpose.
- They can get weather bitten easily.
- They offer unwarranted sun reflection.
- They are made of more breakable components such as hinges.
- Awning Windows.
Both awning windows and casement window replacement Toronto are classified as crank windows. Notably, the difference is in the placement of hinges. In casement, the hinges are placed sideways while in awnings, they are placed at the top frame.
- The windows can remain open even with light rain.
- Allows more light into the room.
- They offer versatility in decoration.
- Need a lot of free space.
- They need regular cleaning.
- They are not easy to clean.
- Picture /Casement Fixed Window.
They resemble casement windows installation Toronto only that they don’t open.
- Offer tight security.
- They are weather tight-no water or air infiltration.
- Allow natural light into the room.
- Energy efficient.
- They are pocket-friendly.
- Difficulty to maintain.
- Doesn’t offer ventilation.
- Slim Fixed Windows.
These windows do not open. They have narrow frames that accommodate a wide glass surface.
- Have many customisable shapes.
- There is great viewing space.
- Offer little ventilation.
- They are difficult to maintain.